Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Yahoo Mail 1GB~~!!!

  1. #1

    Default Yahoo Mail 1GB~~!!!

    Just got tis from a friend, and upgraded my Yahoo Mail to 1GB... tot might share out with you guys... the funny thing is, u have to use IE... it is installing some ActiveX controls when u upgrade...

    http://cn.mail.yahoo.com/ymini/install_start.html free upgradeto 1 G mail storage !!!

  2. #2

    Default

    but y chinese?? the other yahoo mails still offering only 100mb lehz ...

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by West_ray
    but y chinese?? the other yahoo mails still offering only 100mb lehz ...
    Beats me... absolutely see no necessity for the activeX thingi too... anyhow... if u suspect a bug, get another PC to try it out... I did it and got 1GB in my yahoo mail now...

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RossChang
    Beats me... absolutely see no necessity for the activeX thingi too... anyhow... if u suspect a bug, get another PC to try it out... I did it and got 1GB in my yahoo mail now...
    lolz .. tat's interesting. nvm gmail is just nice for me to back up my files n prog

  5. #5

    Default

    gmail is great... i still got lots of invites.... anyone?

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RossChang
    Just got tis from a friend, and upgraded my Yahoo Mail to 1GB... tot might share out with you guys... the funny thing is, u have to use IE... it is installing some ActiveX controls when u upgrade...

    http://cn.mail.yahoo.com/ymini/install_start.html free upgradeto 1 G mail storage !!!
    The 1GB Yahoo inbox for China is there for quite some time. I tried to get the 1GB but you got to change your id to xxx@yahoo.cn and the site is in Chinese! Don't under Chinese and in the end got to stick to my existing 100MB yahoo.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    801

    Default

    hmm i thought the hotmail will upgrade every account too 100MB? mine still 2MB leh...

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore (SengKang)
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingpig
    hmm i thought the hotmail will upgrade every account too 100MB? mine still 2MB leh...
    mine too.. hehe..
    I managed to get my yahoo mail to 1G and it is still under @yahoo.com
    -Express yourself not in words-
    http://www.majere2sg.com

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by majere2sg
    mine too.. hehe..
    I managed to get my yahoo mail to 1G and it is still under @yahoo.com

    How did you do it, bro. Please enlighten us. Thanks.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore (SengKang)
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redstorm
    How did you do it, bro. Please enlighten us. Thanks.
    I don't understand what you mean by it is under yahoo.cn ??

    I just do the registration to upgrade.. key in my member id and then password..
    now i just login to my mail at mail.yahoo.com website, and it showing me 1G ?
    -Express yourself not in words-
    http://www.majere2sg.com

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by majere2sg
    I don't understand what you mean by it is under yahoo.cn ??

    I just do the registration to upgrade.. key in my member id and then password..
    now i just login to my mail at mail.yahoo.com website, and it showing me 1G ?
    Sometime back when I tried to upgrade to 1GB in the China site, the condition was that my email add would be changed to yahoo.cn instead of the current yahoo.com. Could you explain the steps taken to get the 1GB inbox? Thanks.
    Last edited by redstorm; 9th November 2004 at 09:14 PM.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore (SengKang)
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redstorm
    Sometime back when I tried to upgrade to 1GB in the China site, the condition was that my email add would be changed to yahoo.cn instead of the current yahoo.com. Could you explain the steps taken to get the 1GB inbox? Thanks.
    ermm nothing special.. I just key in my memberid and then password and choose the button to get the free 1G space.. then it will give me a choice to create a copy or don't create a copy. I choose NO.. after that.. I can still login to my id at mail.yahoo.com and it is still showing memberid@yahoo.com ?
    -Express yourself not in words-
    http://www.majere2sg.com

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by majere2sg
    ermm nothing special.. I just key in my memberid and then password and choose the button to get the free 1G space.. then it will give me a choice to create a copy or don't create a copy. I choose NO.. after that.. I can still login to my id at mail.yahoo.com and it is still showing memberid@yahoo.com ?
    The problem is that the site is in Chinese and my knowledge of Chinese is limited and can't understand much.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore (SengKang)
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redstorm
    The problem is that the site is in Chinese and my knowledge of Chinese is limited and can't understand much.
    haha.. then thats nothing I can do.. unless u trust me to give me ur id and password then i upgrade for u ? PM me your contact number if you trust me..
    -Express yourself not in words-
    http://www.majere2sg.com

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by majere2sg
    haha.. then thats nothing I can do.. unless u trust me to give me ur id and password then i upgrade for u ? PM me your contact number if you trust me..
    Thanks, bro, I tried it and got it! yahooooooo

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redstorm
    The 1GB Yahoo inbox for China is there for quite some time. I tried to get the 1GB but you got to change your id to xxx@yahoo.cn and the site is in Chinese! Don't under Chinese and in the end got to stick to my existing 100MB yahoo.
    Nope it doesn't. It ask if you wanna store a copy of your yahoo profile in the china server.

    hmm i thought the hotmail will upgrade every account too 100MB? mine still 2MB leh...
    Hotmail suckx... get yahoo or gmail...

    How did you do it, bro. Please enlighten us. Thanks.
    Just follow the link, click click click... or...u could always click on Your Details to confirm u are not fooled to another site...

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ling Nightsky
    gmail is great... i still got lots of invites.... anyone?
    Can you invite me I've been searching one for a while lah

    My current email : wfengmail@yahoo.com

    Thanks a lot.

    Cheers!

  18. #18

    Default

    Still have any invites left?
    joshkoh@hotmail.com

    been searching all over for one....

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    801

    Default

    hmm yahoo is 1GB? I'm still only 100MB

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Simei
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ling Nightsky
    gmail is great... i still got lots of invites.... anyone?
    Can invite me please? My email is scionofsorcery@msn.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •