Thread: Soft

Default Soft

Comments appreciated
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

Hmmmmmmm...........................

Well, I can see where are you coming from.
    But to start off, I didnt quite like the picture.
    Perhaps the title "soft" and the picture is a little bit deliberate, and quite meaningless from how I look at it. Well, you did get your point there, it does look soft.

And are those your hands ? The image makes it look broken and ultra long ....

Hey, take my comments with a pinch of salt alright. I thought I'll be honest with ya... because I know prefer it that way.

Cheers

No problem! I definitely prefer honest comments Those are my friend's hands btw. Pianist, so they're rather long.

Default soft?

For me, the picture and the title did not work. From the gesture of the hand, it seems like it's pressing down vertically against the matress/blanket/fabric. In this kind of posture you generally associate with firmness rather than softness, especially since the mattress is visibly sunken down due to the hand.

2 cents.

Hmm good point. Guess the point of the shot isnt brought across that well.

perhaps a better colour tone will bring out the mood...like say abit to the yellowish sepia look....warm but not sepia yet tt kind...

As recommended...

My 2 cents:

The first shot in Blue did not work for me...too strong with the title. The hand seems to be applying pressure...does not put across the "soft" feeling to me

hmmmz...

how about a palm-up compositioN?? same crumpled bedding but back of hand stroking it?? how u get wad i trying to picture...

Can try a straightened wrist from an aged person, resting on the comfy bedsheet. Lots of texture but hmm.. must find old ppl.

Argh cant go back and shoot again Thanks for the suggestions. will try it when I do something similar in the future.

But seriously, why would u wanna take such a picture in the first place. In the end, you wont keep it and ultimately it has no meaning. Hmm.... move ON!

hmmmm....if u dun mind tomorrow when i come back from work i try to help u PS this...see if i can get the effect anot....

One suggestion to acquire the feeling of soft. Hope you don't mind i change it a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by sunboar
    For me, the picture and the title did not work. From the gesture of the hand, it seems like it's pressing down vertically against the matress/blanket/fabric. In this kind of posture you generally associate with firmness rather than softness, especially since the mattress is visibly sunken down due to the hand.

2 cents.
    I agree. No matter what you do to the picture, the angle of wrist is just not right. I can imagine the person sitting on the mattress, leaning and supported by the hands. "Lean" might be a better title. Also, too much mattress in the lower half--my attention is drawn to it rather than the hand.

Just my 2 cents.