Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 香港之旅 [Hong Kong]

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor1
    Hi,
    I am going HK in mid dec!! Any recommendations on what to do there (eat/ shop /shoot etc?). Not a photography trip, but still.. i will bring my E-P3 along!
    Woah, shopping is almost everywhere. Starting from one end of Argyle Street, there is the Langham Place which has H&M and other shops, followed by Fa Yuen Street and Sai Yeung Choi Street with all sports gear and electronics. Gifts for friends and families can be bought at Tung Choi Street which is famously known as Nu Ren Jie.

I walked around Mongkok for 4 days and it was still not enough. Food is everywhere. Wanton mee, hotpot, beef noodles are all around the corner!
    5DIII + 6D / 16-35 f2.8L II / 24-70 f2.8L II / 70-200 f2.8L II / Σ35A / Σ85

Default Re: 香港之旅 [Hong Kong]

Very nice and fantastic shots! I'll be there this Sunday. Are the HK people ok with being snapped on the streets? Saw that pic with that fish shop owner looking at you. Scary.

Is it possible to take a photo of sunrise at the TST promenade?

Quote Originally Posted by 253sapathfinder
    Very nice and fantastic shots! I'll be there this Sunday. Are the HK people ok with being snapped on the streets? Saw that pic with that fish shop owner looking at you. Scary.

Is it possible to take a photo of sunrise at the TST promenade?
    Thanks for the kind words! Yup most people there are used to being snapped. The fishmonger spotted me but it was fine. Just happened to capture him looking at me. They have lots of models along Sai yeung choi street, the electronic goods street in the wkends as well.

Im not sure about sunrise as i couldnt wake up early enough to take! Hahaha hope you have a clear sky over there as i understand from alot of people that experienced foggy weather.

Have fun man!

Which lens did you used for photo 11-17?

Quote Originally Posted by chicken chop
    Which lens did you used for photo 11-17?
    10-22. Is there something weird bout the photos?

No no I am thinking of getting a wide lens to take my family photos in the HK theme parks but lots of reviews say that wide lens is appropriate. That's why I am asking.

Quote Originally Posted by chicken chop
    No no I am thinking of getting a wide lens to take my family photos in the HK theme parks but lots of reviews say that wide lens is appropriate. That's why I am asking.
    I see! Haha. Well what camera are you using? Cropped or full frame?

Only con about using a wide angle is that it will have distortion. Otherwise, it will be a fantastic lens to take group shots and especially at the theme parks!

I am using D3100. Not much choice of wide lens available for this model.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12