Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movie Shark Tale is a disappointment

Default Movie Shark Tale is a disappointment

Was hoping that Shark Tales is as good as Finding Nemo when i saw the preview when watching other movies. Nevertheless it was a total disappointment. The plot was so-so and the animation is mediocre.

Anyone watched that also and want to comment?

Quote Originally Posted by dOME
    Was hoping that Shark Tales is as good as Finding Nemo when i saw the preview when watching other movies. Nevertheless it was a total disappointment. The plot was so-so and the animation is mediocre.

nope i don't watch cartoon in cinemas.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    nope i don't watch cartoon in cinemas.
    me too

erm, hate to break your bubble but Sharks Tale is not by the same people who did Finding Nemo. Sharks Tale is by Dreamworks Animation, Nemo is by PIXAR (same folks who did Toy Story 1 & 2).

if you like Pixar animation, go watch The Incredibles. i just caught the sneak preview and its hilarious.

for all Pixar's firlm... their trailers are very subtle... nothing much but when u actually watch the movies... they blows u away.... i love Pixar's works... A Bug's Life, Toy Story, Monster Inc, Finding Nemo!!! Their storyline is very strong.... that's their best point... and the 3D animation of course, is top-notch...
    Dreamworks' Shark's tale, just watched it just now in the theaters...disappointing... the storyline is just predictable and plain.... no climax.... most of the funny parts are already in the trailer.... i do like some of their works though... like Spirit: Stallion of the Cimaron is great... the story is there and the 2D animation is great.

Default agreed~

plain boring...
    even fell asleep....

rather short show... kinda boring, worst... everybody have sausage lips... i wonder y...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

hahaha.. juz watched it... i find it... ZZZzzZZ...

Deregistered

Thot it was reviewed lousy in Streats?

Personal Opinion:

I believe most of the art in that show (apart from the fishes and sea creatures) are hand drawn and integrated together with animation. I think those hand drawn are done pretty good.

Lenny the shark seems "politically incorrect", seems like the director had certain issues, made a funny shark...throughout the movie Lenny had statements which provoke some thought...lol...and the movie poked fun of the vegetarian (there's another meaning if u know wat i mean...and its not being vegetarian) cross-dressing shark. I find it entertaining....not in the sense of the animation, but it does makes you think bout comparisons in real life and the cartoon. lol
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Agreed with sbs99.

I enjoyed the movie and find it very entertaining.

I feel that its more than just a cartoon, its actually sending across a certain kind of message in a hilarious way.

Kinda reflect real-life thou. (eg. How ppl would want to "climb" to the top at any costs, etc... and in the process tend to lose the one they love or ppl/ things that already exists there for them when they are down and out, etc...)

One sad fact about ppl is: do not know how to treasure what we have until we lose it.

The above are just my personal comments only.

I enjoy the movie, cos i just have to 'switch' off my mind and laughed naturally with the story.

Sometimes one does not have to go in depth to see if the movies holds deeper meaning and plot. To me, a good movie is an entertaining movie....

ya, i found that the storyline too normal. All predictable. Good animation but no kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ling Nightsky
    Dreamworks' Shark's tale, just watched it just now in the theaters...disappointing... the storyline is just predictable and plain.... no climax.... most of the funny parts are already in the trailer.... i do like some of their works though... like Spirit: Stallion of the Cimaron is great... the story is there and the 2D animation is great.
    Nice to see another old school animation fan. Not much fans of 2D animation movies out there nowadays, nowadays almost every studio has gone on to 3D animation. I can't recall any great 2D animation hitting the big screen recently, the most recent one, Home on the Range was a big flop, except for Hayao Miyazaki's Spirited Away which was shown a couple years back (prolly one of the best animated movies out there). But thats anime, and outside of anime, 2D feature animation is really on a decline.

Sorry for the OT...have not watched Shark Tale but heard from reviews that it doesn't meet the expectations, despite the all star cast billing, so will give it a miss...

recently there's some by Disney... Treasure Planet... have some 3d elements blend into 2D... but the result is spectacular... breath-taking.

Brother Bear is good also, i love the soundtrack... sad that Disney is no longer going to produce anymore 2D animation.... Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Lion King are my favourite all-time classics...

i like 2D cartoons too, though i dont spurn 3D ones. but Beauty and the Beast beats EVERY animation flick....ever....

lol. the only thing i enjoyed the most in this show is when franky die tt time
    "I want to have the best camera in the world and shoot XMMs."

mebbe wait for them to release firmware to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by y0ngcheng
    lol. the only thing i enjoyed the most in this show is when franky die tt time

morbid sense of humour...hehe. Well...Frankie died comically i should say...slapping his brother shark before passing on. lol.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast