Thread: can anyone help ?

Default can anyone help ?

hello. im a d70 user.

i would like to ask if there is any program, that allows you to look at the computer screen instead of thru the viewfinder, suppose in studio shoots. i dont really know how to describe, but i hope you know what i mean.

for example studio shoots, i get the composition, and then i look at the computer monitor as if its the viewfinder, and i control the shutter release from the computer or smt.

anyone knows of such a program ?

(sorry for the vague description)

Deregistered

Nikon Capture allows you to control the camera from the PC/Laptop, but it will not be able to replicate the image of the VF on the camera, cos after all it's a SLR, CCD is not active until shutter is released.

However you can use Nikon Capture Camera control to activate the camera and shoot, it'll auto download to the PC after recording the image.

There are view-finder capture cameras for professional though (Can't remember the particular name for it). It's like a video camera that fit on the view-finder where your eye-piece is supposed to be. So it relay real-time feedback to a monitor screen elsewhere.

More for sports photography application when photographers are not allowed too close to the action.

thanks espn for fast reply.

does that mean that i will not be able to see thru the lens using the computer monitor ?

is nikon capture the program that come with the kit ? if not, how much would it cost ? thanks !

thanks prismatic. was at a studio a few months back to have my passport photo taken, and the photographer was looking at the monitor as if its the viewfinder. yup.

Quote Originally Posted by allcowsmoo
    thanks espn for fast reply.

does that mean that i will not be able to see thru the lens using the computer monitor ?

is nikon capture the program that come with the kit ? if not, how much would it cost ? thanks !
    you cant do that because the mirror reflecting light up and into the viewfinder. the ccd will capture the image only after the shot is fired.

thanks everyone.

jus crossed my mind that the ccd is not constantly exposed.

i shd think more before i post something next time. haha

cheers !

haha yeah! thats the reason you cant use the lcd on a dslr to compose your shot the way you do using a consumer or prosumer digital camera...

Deregistered

Nikon Capture 4.1.3 is available from shops at around $180-$200.