Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will you buy 10-22 if you have 18-55 lens?

Default Re: Will you buy 10-22 if you have 18-55 lens?

Quote Originally Posted by slmka View Post
    A recent event I attended all done with 10-22mm

AFA 11 - a set on Flickr

If you play around in certain angles you can have some interesting shoots also =) But since the view is wild, sometimes you won't even notice you are really close to the object.
    Wah so poisonous
    Cheap lenses are not good AND Good lenses are not cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by tikiman View Post
    I got a 10-22 about 4 months after i got my first canon dslr. It was the 2nd lens i bought. The range of 10 to 14mm allows me to stretch the scene. (using my own term... Pls correct me if wrong) I can use an interesting forground to lead into the intended background, giving it a vast and wide look. The 18mm limit of the kit lens was not able to exaggerate this effect.

If you need the 16, 20 & 24mm range ( equil to FF) , than the 10-22 is a good buy. Otherwise the the kit lens is good enough.
    Oh, if you are going to get the 10-22, the first filter to get (imo) is a CPL filter. Get a really good one with slim thread. It gives a 2-3 stop ND, it make the sky blue-er and cut off unwanted reflections .... @ 77mm thread, you can use step down on other lenses too.

Quote Originally Posted by Csboi View Post
    Wah so poisonous
    Yes, after I tested the lens from my friend and rented it to try out more. I can't get my hands off this lens...lol

Org. I was deciding between 10-22 and 17-55, but ended up with this UWA as it is more fun to shoot with, during AFA cosplay I am also able to get a good whole body shoot easily without standing too far away. Of course, some photos need to touch up a bit on the distortion but is still acceptable.

nice to see you were there on afa day one too =D
    enjoyed the concert? cause i did =D

anyhow, the only dangerous part of any UWA is that you might end up blowing up anything that stands in the centre of your shot.
    UWAs tend to pick out the centres and focus alot on it when doing portraits, thus blowing up a subject's nose or face.
    of course the angle you shoot at matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Csboi

Wah so poisonous
    Indeed, any 2nd hand seller?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123