Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Vivian Maier: Street Photographer

  1. #1

    Default Vivian Maier: Street Photographer

    Hello i'm looking for this book called Vivian Maier: Street Photographer, i'm wondering if perhaps any clubsnappers out there knows where i may find it in singapore. I haven't tried looking at funan's camera book store yet, but any other places that could have this book? kinokuniya??

  2. #2
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: Vivian Maier: Street Photographer

    Quote Originally Posted by jrhellboy View Post
    Hello i'm looking for this book called Vivian Maier: Street Photographer, i'm wondering if perhaps any clubsnappers out there knows where i may find it in singapore. I haven't tried looking at funan's camera book store yet, but any other places that could have this book? kinokuniya??
    Any reason not getting it from amazon.com?

    http://www.amazon.com/Vivian-Maier-S...1409273&sr=8-1
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  3. #3
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default Re: Vivian Maier: Street Photographer

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Reasons:

    (a) Amazon has cut throat international shipping charges.

    (b) Local bookstores falling like autumn leaves... need our support.

  4. #4
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: Vivian Maier: Street Photographer

    this book is not yet available.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  5. #5
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: Vivian Maier: Street Photographer

    Sad to say... as and when I want to get a book (other than magazine), I normally bought from Amazon... couldn't bother to go to local book stores to search for the books. I find the shipping charges pretty alright... well... anyway, I seldom buy books too...
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  6. #6

    Default Re: Vivian Maier: Street Photographer

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Reasons:

    (a) Amazon has cut throat international shipping charges.

    (b) Local bookstores falling like autumn leaves... need our support.
    the local bookstores that does keep up with the current state of consumer behavior will probably go the way of the dodo.

    the local "big" bookstores sites;
    mph -does not have any book search
    times -no result in search for this book
    popular -no result in search for this book
    kinokuniya -pre-order just like the amazon.com (but I can only buy 1 instead of 2 when compared with amazon.com)
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  7. #7

    Default Re: Vivian Maier: Street Photographer

    Some other online stores you can try:

    bookdepository.com (free delivery)
    opentrolley.com.sg
    acmamall.com

  8. #8

    Default Re: Vivian Maier: Street Photographer

    Hi,

    Maybe u can try PageOne at Vivo City?

  9. #9
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default Re: Vivian Maier: Street Photographer

    Quote Originally Posted by lawrencewkl View Post
    Hi,

    Maybe u can try PageOne at Vivo City?
    Closing or closed right?

  10. #10

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrhellboy
    Hello i'm looking for this book called Vivian Maier: Street Photographer, i'm wondering if perhaps any clubsnappers out there knows where i may find it in singapore. I haven't tried looking at funan's camera book store yet, but any other places that could have this book? kinokuniya??
    Is this a good book??

    Any reviews?

    I been looking for some good books to read as amateur. I saw Michael freeman; photographer's eye at a local store, but I want to get it online amazon but it's not available

  12. #12
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88

    Is this a good book??

    Any reviews?

    I been looking for some good books to read as amateur. I saw Michael freeman; photographer's eye at a local store, but I want to get it online amazon but it's not available
    Freeman's Photographer's Eye is a good book on composition. I also highly recommend his small booklet on exposure. I learnt a lot from both books.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88

    Is this a good book??

    Any reviews?

    I been looking for some good books to read as amateur. I saw Michael freeman; photographer's eye at a local store, but I want to get it online amazon but it's not available
    Are you sure you got the right amazon.com site? Cos I can see;
    1. it is in-stock
    2. Customer reviews
    3. Preview
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  14. #14

    Default Re: Vivian Maier: Street Photographer

    Should still be open. I went there about a month ago. The news says that they are losing money, so no sure how long they can hang on. It is a nice bookshop, will be sad to see it go.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Vivian Maier: Street Photographer

    Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    Are you sure you got the right amazon.com site? Cos I can see;
    1. it is in-stock
    2. Customer reviews
    3. Preview
    He has couple of different editions for this title. The Amazon one, i think, is the older edition (2007). There is a new edition that i saw in Funan photography bookstore (1st floor).

    And Amazon does not show the new edition that i saw in the shop

  16. #16

    Default Re: Vivian Maier: Street Photographer

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    He has couple of different editions for this title. The Amazon one, i think, is the older edition (2007). There is a new edition that i saw in Funan photography bookstore (1st floor).

    And Amazon does not show the new edition that i saw in the shop
    The one i want to buy, has a picture of a small boat in a lake on the front over.

    http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Phot.../9781905814046
    Last edited by donut88; 17th November 2011 at 04:44 PM.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Vivian Maier: Street Photographer

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    The one i want to buy, has a picture of a small boat in a lake on the front over.

    The Photographer's Eye: Composition and Design for Better Digital Photos : Michael Freeman : 9781905814046
    just buy from book depository lor.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Vivian Maier: Street Photographer

    Its not even out yet. I have pre ordered the book and the delivery has been delayed TWICE. I guess the orders are overwhelming

  19. #19

    Default Re: Vivian Maier: Street Photographer

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    The one i want to buy, has a picture of a small boat in a lake on the front over.

    The Photographer's Eye: Composition and Design for Better Digital Photos : Michael Freeman : 9781905814046
    oh this one.
    Pardon me. Correct site, different edition.
    at 35.71, I think it is quite reasonable price in this bookdepository.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •