Thread: UV Filter... Scratching

Unhappy UV Filter... Scratching

How do u guys clean up ur UV or Skylight filter? Shld have taken more care of it, its now scratched when I tried to clean it with a piece of tissue. Hold under direct light and I go at the linessss.....

BTW, besides putting on the lens cap, do u guys store ur lenses in lens bags as well? Double protection for extra kiasuism?

err...cheap skyline filters around $10 right?
    Last edited by sbs99; 8th November 2004 at 03:51 PM.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Hmm... I'm pretty rough where stuff are concerned.

Thnx

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    How do u guys clean up ur UV or Skylight filter? Shld have taken more care of it, its now scratched when I tried to clean it with a piece of tissue. Hold under direct light and I go at the linessss.....

BTW, besides putting on the lens cap, do u guys store ur lenses in lens bags as well? Double protection for extra kiasuism?
    Throw away the scratches glasses and replace with a new ones..why not using wiping cloth and liquid cleaner for your filters and lens?

I have a question here for all guys...do you really protect your expensive lens with filter? I dun leh? Cheap fllter glasses on expensive lens!!!!! logical???

If something hit on your lens, at least it will damage your filter first or else say byebye to your lens...

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingpig
    If something hit on your lens, at least it will damage your filter first or else say byebye to your lens...
    Yes, you're right. There is pro & con...but, do you think that a few thousand dollars lens protected with a hundred over dollars filter make sense?

Guys with big guns, kindly advise? Do you really need those cheap glasses infront of your lens?

Quote Originally Posted by Minlon
    Yes, you're right. There is pro & con...but, do you think that a few thousand dollars lens protected with a hundred over dollars filter make sense?

Guys with big guns, kindly advise? Do you really need those cheap glasses infront of your lens?
    You meant that one should get expensive filters to protect expensive lens?
    If so, whats the point? Ex filter damage, also heart pain. Then must get something cheaper to protect your filters