Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to shoot well in company D&D ?

Default Re: How to shoot well in company D&D ?

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    i don't think that he's the official photographer. he just wants to know how to get good pictures at the DND. usually for DND they won't get staff to handle the photography. if not, how will the staff enjoy themselves if they have to "work" while the rest are enjoying?

the same reason why, if your friends ask you to be the main photographer for their wedding. it also opens up many other future issues.
    True true.. uh.. as for friends wedding i heard some of them saying that wedding photog cost too much so they wanna ask me to take and give $100 ang bao.. my reply was,"i'm not good enough so i dun wan to spoil your wedding". hahaha
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

Like what everyone's saying, I believe carrying a flash around is essential in almost any indoor events!

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

i don't think that he's the official photographer. he just wants to know how to get good pictures at the DND. usually for DND they won't get staff to handle the photography. if not, how will the staff enjoy themselves if they have to "work" while the rest are enjoying?

the same reason why, if your friends ask you to be the main photographer for their wedding. it also opens up many other future issues.

correct..
    Pretty sure there will one or two photography enthuists in any company willing to do this for credits.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    Pretty sure there will one or two photography enthuists in any company willing to do this for credits.
    And it gets really funny if the pictures of the enthusiasts turn out much better then the snaps of the hired photographer ...
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    And it gets really funny if the pictures of the enthusiasts turn out much better then the snaps of the hired photographer ...
    it happens? it happens

it happens? it happens
    Been there, seen it. Both had the same camera, but only the hired guy had a flash.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Been there, seen it. Both had the same camera, but only the hired guy had a flash.
    me too. what i said meant "when it happens, it happens"

i still remember the first time i got arrowed to do a company event. i just started using a DSLR. my pictures were horrid because i didn't take what my boss intended (no instructions given)... basically i was shooting the models at the event and my boss saw all my pictures afterwards and he was like -.-

and my colleague who knew what to do took the event with her own DSLR got all the pictures the company needed

it was really learning point for me

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine
    For this case, quite unlikely.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

me too. what i said meant "when it happens, it happens"

i still remember the first time i got arrowed to do a company event. i just started using a DSLR. my pictures were horrid because i didn't take what my boss intended (no instructions given)... basically i was shooting the models at the event and my boss saw all my pictures afterwards and he was like -.-

and my colleague who knew what to do took the event with her own DSLR got all the pictures the company needed

it was really learning point for me
    At least, you were never again "arrow" to shoot for your company event.

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    At least, you were never again "arrow" to shoot for your company event.
    errr.. not exactly

errr.. not exactly
    this mean your photos are good.

Thanks for all the rely and the feedback........ I am new comer so i need guides and feedback from u all...Mine D&D is gd cos e place is bright for mine D7000. i will try to learn using flash .Thanks.... Hope to get more feedback and guides from u all.........

Quote Originally Posted by andy85 View Post
    Thanks for all the rely and the feedback........ I am new comer so i need guides and feedback from u all...Mine D&D is gd cos e place is bright for mine D7000. i will try to learn using flash .Thanks.... Hope to get more feedback and guides from u all.........
    Just take note that what seems bright to you may not be so to your camera.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    Just take note that what seems bright to you may not be so to your camera.
    QFT...
    You can't go wrong bring a flash for indoor events no matter how "bright" it may seems to u...
    http://www.akkuaphotography.com

Quote Originally Posted by akszaksz View Post
    QFT...
    You can't go wrong bring a flash for indoor events no matter how "bright" it may seems to u...
    Yea, i'll always bring a flash when i go shoot indoors. You'll be surprised how "dark" an HDB void deck can be to your camera. Anyway a flash is not that heavy also la..
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

Regarding the usage of flash.

Any of you guys have experience with flash modifiers/diffusers such as the Gary Fong "Whale Tail", Light sphere etc.

Are they worth purchasing for event photography outdoors or in locations where bouncing the flash is not possible?

Use flash not because light not enough.
    | 5Diii | 24 ii | 40 | 24-70 ii | 24-105 | 70-200 F4 IS | 270 ii | 600EX-RT |

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor937 View Post
    Regarding the usage of flash.

Any of you guys have experience with flash modifiers/diffusers such as the Gary Fong "Whale Tail", Light sphere etc.

Are they worth purchasing for event photography outdoors or in locations where bouncing the flash is not possible?
    You might want to read this,

Gary Fong Lightsphere vs. Tupperware | Improve Photography

So is the lightsphere or commercial diffuser really necessary, can tupperware do the same, you decide.
    Last edited by rhino123; 30th November 2011 at 05:24 PM.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123

You might want to read this,

Gary Fong Lightsphere vs. Tupperware | Improve Photography

So is the lightsphere or commercial diffuser really necessary, can tupperware do the same, you decide.
    I have the Gary fong lightsphere bought way back and a lambency one (copy). Both of these are just sitting in my cabinate collecting dust. I was usually uaing my demb mostly. And now that is is getting so much wear and tear, I got a new bounce replacement called flashbender from rogue. I find the flashbender to be the best so far, allowing me to shape the bounce any way I need to fit the situation.

Diffusers like gary fong LS or WT are good if you work indoors with a lot of walls and ceiling to bounce off of. But they do tend to waste more flash power than needed. Outdoors they are next to useless.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 30th November 2011 at 10:13 PM.

i use the Gary Fong Light Sphereand i have the Flash Bender too.

funny enough, i prefer the GFLS.

these days i use the FB when it's pretty hot and there's no wind... to fan myself

and yes. only the pictures of pretty girls turn out good. somehow the guys always look bad in the picture

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast