Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to shoot well in company D&D ?

Default Re: How to shoot well in company d&D ?

Quote Originally Posted by small pig View Post
    Tat exactly wat my friend told me tat d3s is so good in low light tat it does not have built in flash...
    Your friend does not know anything at all. That's not the reason for there not being a built-in flash.
    Alpha

Tat exactly wat my friend told me tat d3s is so good in low light tat it does not have built in flash...
    Your friend is definitely wrong... so wrong... and basically... so freaking funny that someone would think that just bcos a camera do not have a flash build in would mean that the camera is so good in low light that it doesn't need a flash.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Your friend is definitely wrong... so wrong... and basically... so freaking funny that someone would think that just bcos a camera do not have a flash build in would mean that the camera is so good in low light that it doesn't need a flash.
    Same logic that dictates cars without spare tyres never suffer from a puncture
    Exploring! :)

Tat exactly wat my friend told me tat d3s is so good in low light tat it does not have built in flash... ..
    Hmm... I wonder what is the hotshoe for then...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by andy85 View Post
    Mine company is having D&D this fri . How to capture a gd pic? I am using D7000 wif lens 50mm. Not using flash as D7000 is veri good 4 low light shooting already.
    How to capture a good pic?

Shutter speed must be fast enough to avoid shake.
    Exposure must be spot on,
    Composition must be good,
    Moment must be meaningful.

Then, you get a good pic.

Be the company CEO and go ard shooting pictures. Even no good people will also say ur pictures are good :P

Jokes aside, I pump my ISO during wedding events becos either:
    1. I need to capture a fast moment with minimum blur. (Flash can help but not always)
    2. I need more ambient light. (even when I'm already using flash)
    3. When I use a tele zoom lens with variable aperture.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

i seriously suggest you buy/borrow/rent/use a flash. Usually when my company has dinner, the setting is quite dark and the photographer always used a flash. I see Canon users using flash all the time so you may want to verify or test out that statement.

Where's your d&d?
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

Really good luck if you think yr d7000 can make it without flash..
    I really think your friend is wrong. Perhaps the flash is not there is becuz it's an FF and they expected people who use it to use flash, but that's just my wild guess. I could be as wrong as your friend..
    Alpha

To the part of why pro end dslr doesn't come with built in flash, let me see, perhaps the following might be valid reasons

1) built in flash coverage and power is insufficient.
    2) They are more of a convenient feature rather than being a complete solution.
    3) the way they are designed to blast straight out to the subject is normally not what is meant for serious works. From what I have come across and gathered, better usage of flash is normally bounced or position strategically to improve on subject lightning. Such as creating a more dimensional lighting ratio etc. Straight on flash normally failed to perform and give your subject that unflattering light up.
    4) compared to other parts of the camera, flash is pretty fragile given it need to keep on heating up to produce the light. Hence having built in flash gives no advantage for replacement. A mount on flash will give better option for photographers to replace it easily when the primary went down.
    5) I believe it is also a legacy choice since flash has always being mounted since older days. In any case, built in doesn't really gives much performance and advantages except convenient. I can't help to feel sometimes it is not so much of a functional reason behind the decision made. I suspect it is differentiating factor from the manufacturers.
    6) built in flash also tend to be blocked by large lens, creating shadows.

If you are already lugging a large dslr, built-in really serve little purpose except increase in cost and space. Any serious strobe user would go for studio lightning or a mount on more powerful strobe to achieve the required lightning.
    To be frank, if given a built in flash, unless it can be tilted to point at different angles and position, it will be closed for me 99% of the time. I rather just invest more on a mounted flash for me to do my work.
    Last edited by David Kwok; 20th November 2011 at 06:55 AM.
    D3S|N70-200|N24-70|N24-85|N50f1.4|N35f2|SB800|SB900|Yashica GS|S95
    www.flickr.com/photos/davidktw

Hahaha... ISO is too good on d3s that it does not need in built flash.... What a wrong way to compliment the superior advantage of the D3s....
    Ask ur friend to read up more bah...
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

If you are the only official/assigned photog, bringing only a 50mm is very risky. I doubt it will be wide enough if the table size is large and there are obstructions in the way.

so many reply but why is TS? lolxxxx

so far I have yet to encounter any event photographers not using flash during indoor events. except for some events who did not engage freelancers or professionals, but normally those only applies to those companies or couples who seriously do not mind the photo's quality, no photos taken also ok type.

FYI, I even brought out my flash for outdoor events just in case. (Day or night)

So no matter what cam, good luck =)
    http://www.akkuaphotography.com

Is there a point to this thread anymore?
    TS has not replied to this thread at all even though there were some genuine advice given.

TS' D&D was a week ago when he posted... haha guess he took pretty bad shots.... and is ashamed to come in here again

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309
    TS' D&D was a week ago when he posted... haha guess he took pretty bad shots.... and is ashamed to come in here again
    Dun assumed la.. wish him the best instead..
    D700 - 24-70mm F2.8 ED - 105mm VR2 Micro - Samyang 14mm - 50mm 1.8D - Mb 10 - SB900 - SB400

Dun assumed la.. wish him the best instead..
    can you not tell that i'm joking? sheesh

why so srs

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    can you not tell that i'm joking? sheesh

why so srs
    simi is srs?

Maybe he psycho-ed his co to hire photog?
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Photogenic

simi is srs?

Srs = serious
    I Guess...
    Canon 550D | EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6IS | EF 50mm f/1.8II |
    My Humble Flickr

Default Re: How to shoot well in company D&D ?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Photogenic View Post
    simi is srs?

i don't think that he's the official photographer. he just wants to know how to get good pictures at the DND. usually for DND they won't get staff to handle the photography. if not, how will the staff enjoy themselves if they have to "work" while the rest are enjoying?

the same reason why, if your friends ask you to be the main photographer for their wedding. it also opens up many other future issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Diluted View Post
    Srs = serious
    I Guess...
    correct..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast