Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 47891011 LastLast

Thread: How to convince wife?

Quote Originally Posted by Denniswong

HA!!! Yah...

Actually, a few of you suggested the SONY's NEX... I've seen a girl playing with it in Starbucks and impressing her dad with the pics. She was in the continuous shot mode and it kept clicking away non-stop as she panned the camera around.

It's nice. But quite small. Good for wife... not so nice for me, especially when I'm already being hit by the BBB virus even before buying!!!

Thinking of getting the 50mm, dry box, external flash, battery grip, etc...

ARGH!!!
    Bro, get a dry cabinet instead of dry box. As for flash n grip.. Tat depend. As for me I had big palm so I need a battery grip to have a better grip. As for flash I m using a 3rd party flash but thinking to get a sb900.

Anyway if ur budget is tight goes slow.. Buy 1 at a time.. Maybe 1 item a mth.. Tat is wat I did.

If u have plenty of spare money.. It alway good to get original gear if not can alway look ard for 3rd party or 2nd hand gear.. Keep ur option open..

HA!!! Yah...

Actually, a few of you suggested the SONY's NEX... I've seen a girl playing with it in Starbucks and impressing her dad with the pics. She was in the continuous shot mode and it kept clicking away non-stop as she panned the camera around.

It's nice. But quite small. Good for wife... not so nice for me, especially when I'm already being hit by the BBB virus even before buying!!!

Thinking of getting the 50mm, dry box, external flash, battery grip, etc...

ARGH!!!
    Well, DSLR is good, except that u must rem about the weight and bulkiness of carrying it around. If u are just shooting family pictures here and there, what is best type of cam body u want?

Quote Originally Posted by donut88
    Get Sony NEX, and u won't complain about noise and pic quality
    He will complain about noise and pic quality for D7000? Not making sense.

Default Re: How to convince wife?

Quote Originally Posted by Gikens View Post
    Anyway if ur budget is tight goes slow.. Buy 1 at a time.. Maybe 1 item a mth.. Tat is wat I did.
    Ya. I think I'd go slow... very very slow...
    I'd probably get the body brand new, and then get second hand kit lens or something... I've got 2 very old SLR lens (AF-D) that I may use. Not sure if they can work as well.... They don't have AF motor, but I think can fit D7000.

Yes, dry cabinet sounds better. They're quite affordable, aren't they? Going at about S$150+?
    Any particular brand to get? Or all about the same? As long as got that meter thingee to indicate humidity, right?

SB900... Wow... Hmm...

Grip I heard must get original. 3rd party doesn't fit so well, and not weather proof, right?

So many questions...

And so many things...

Since u hv 2 lens already. U can use them 1st but may need to manual focus. I only familiar with D300 n above. Dry cabinet must. Tripod maybe later, vertical grip is optional, flash oso optional, use your high ISO n build-in flash first.

Quote Originally Posted by Denniswong View Post
    I'd probably get the body brand new, and then get second hand kit lens or something... I've got 2 very old SLR lens (AF-D) that I may use. Not sure if they can work as well.... They don't have AF motor, but I think can fit D7000.

Yes, dry cabinet sounds better. They're quite affordable, aren't they? Going at about S$150+?
    Any particular brand to get? Or all about the same? As long as got that meter thingee to indicate humidity, right?

SB900... Wow... Hmm...

Grip I heard must get original. 3rd party doesn't fit so well, and not weather proof, right?

So many questions...

And so many things...
    Last saw TK selling 30 litre at $118.
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

SB900... Wow... Hmm...

So many questions...

And so many things...
    Well.. I m using d7000 now and also using 2 lenses frm my old film slr camera. It fit well with d7000. I using a 60l digi dry cabinet. Brought at @198. As for battery grip I m using a 3rd party. So far the battery grip doesn't give me any problem at all. As for weather seal or not for the grip. It doesn't matter to me coz I won't stand in a heavy rain to take pic for half or 1 hour. Be frank.. D7000 is a weather body but do u dare to soak it in water? Does it make sense to u? Anyway tat is my personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gikens

Well.. I m using d7000 now and also using 2 lenses frm my old film slr camera. It fit well with d7000. I using a 60l digi dry cabinet. Brought at @198. As for battery grip I m using a 3rd party. So far the battery grip doesn't give me any problem at all. As for weather seal or not for the grip. It doesn't matter to me coz I won't stand in a heavy rain to take pic for half or 1 hour. Be frank.. D7000 is a weather body but do u dare to soak it in water? Does it make sense to u? Anyway tat is my personal opinion.
    Ya. I'd definitely not take it out in the rain.
    But does the 3rd party grip fit well?

Ya. I'd definitely not take it out in the rain.
    But does the 3rd party grip fit well?
    Yup.. It fit very well to me. I m very happy with it. But of course there are few brand also for 3rd party grip. I m using phottix.

Quote Originally Posted by Gikens

Yup.. It fit very well to me. I m very happy with it. But of course there are few brand also for 3rd party grip. I m using phottix.
    Thanks, Gikens.

I'm curious how long this thread is gonna go.

we should start a thread on "how to convince husband?"

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309
    we should start a thread on "how to convince husband?"
    Ha!! That wouldn't be in a photography forum, but probably on shoes, bags, and Jimmy Choo. Ha!!

Ha!! That wouldn't be in a photography forum, but probably on shoes, bags, and Jimmy Choo. Ha!!
    Though i'll say i agree, that might be too much a sweeping statement. got a lot of girls into photography too
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Photogenic

Though i'll say i agree, that might be too much a sweeping statement. got a lot of girls into photography too
    Ya I know. )

But would it be as difficult to convince a husband?

Ya I know. )

just greet him at the door wearing nothing but a thick ribbon tied around the chest and waist and of course, your twin sister

Ya I know. )

husbands don't need convincing. they will buy anything for their wives, no questions asked.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by zaren

husbands don't need convincing. they will buy anything for their wives, no questions asked.
    Yup!!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 47891011 LastLast