Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3678910 ... LastLast

Thread: How to convince wife?

Default Re: How to convince wife?

What's your wife giving you for Christmas gift then?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    How do you think you can convince yourself that you need a dslr than the TZ7?
    Very simple!!

I'm not getting the pics that I want from my TZ7.
    The lens are wide and the distortion is quite bad if the pictures are taken too close.

I've attached a sample image below. (Btw, is it because of the wide angle, that's why the picture is distorted?)

Furthermore, the cam cannot take pictures in dim lights and night shots. Very noisy at high ISO. Hard to control depth, especially when I'm trying to get only a subject focused with the boke effect, slow shutter response, especially when I'm shooting night shots.

Please don't get me wrong. The TZ7 has served me very well over the last couple of years. It's just that I want more out of my pictures now...

Last edited by Denniswong; 27th November 2011 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Denniswong

Very simple!!

I'm not getting the pics that I want from my TZ7.
    The lens are wide and the distortion is quite bad if the pictures are taken too close.

I've attached a sample image below. (Btw, is it because of the wide angle, that's why the picture is distorted?)

Furthermore, the cam cannot take pictures in dim lights and night shots. Very noisy at high ISO. Hard to control depth, especially when I'm trying to get only a subject focused with the boke effect, slow shutter response, especially when I'm shooting night shots.

Please don't get me wrong. The TZ7 has served me very well over the last couple of years. It's just that I want more out of my pictures now...
    U don't need a Dslr to get what u want

Get a Sony NEX 5N, the output can be shockingly better than a DSLR......

buy your wife an NEX. get her to buy you the D7000 wahahahaha.

Give u a tip.

U get a Sony DSLR and a Sony NEX. The Sony lens can be shared between both cameras. Everybody happy.....

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Give u a tip.

U get a Sony DSLR and a Sony NEX. The Sony lens can be shared between both cameras. Everybody happy.....
    Are u suggesting TS to get the Adapter and A mount lenses for the Nex camera too?

Looks like he already managed to convince his wife after so long and already had eye on the D7000 already.. i dontknow why u guys still trying to poison him other things..lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TWmilkteaTW View Post
    Are u suggesting TS to get the Adapter and A mount lenses for the Nex camera too?

Looks like he already managed to convince his wife after so long and already had eye on the D7000 already.. i dontknow why u guys still trying to poison him other things..lol.
    not me. sharing is caring. he should get his wife something good too

Quote Originally Posted by TWmilkteaTW

Just making everyone happy and a couple should have some common hobbies together.

It's also a ploy for him to buy more cam stuff in future, once the wife is hooked on photography...... I'm cunning.

Quote Originally Posted by donut88

Just making everyone happy and a couple should have some common hobbies together.

It's also a ploy for him to buy more cam stuff in future, once the wife is hooked on photography...... I'm cunning.
    Oh dear, I can smell the virus!!...

Congrats to TS!

I would recommend you to buy the D7000. How how is D5100 now?

Quote Originally Posted by chillicutter
    Congrats to TS!

I would recommend you to buy the D7000. How how is D5100 now?
    Thanks!

No, I've not bought a cam yet, cos was still deciding on either D5100 or D7000.

Kindda made up my mind that the D7000 makes much more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Denniswong View Post
    Thanks!

No, I've not bought a cam yet, cos was still deciding on either D5100 or D7000.

Kindda made up my mind that the D7000 makes much more sense.

Dennis, congrats on your new gadget coming and your success in convincing your wife.

I heard good things about D7K from my friend who uses a Nikon. Anyway, since you went through all the effort to discuss this with your wife, I hope you did your research, due diligence and most importantly, dun regret months down the road =)

I wish you all the best in your photography journey, immunity to BBB, merry christmas and a happy new year.
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

Quote Originally Posted by Denniswong

You will face the same exact issues with any and every DSLR, for that matter, any camera.

Wide angle distortion will be there unless you remember to zoom away or use a longer lens but you will complain about group or indoor shots

High iso noise, read DSLR forum. No end to this complaint. It's better but will not go away.

Hard to control depth will become how come depth not there, this is a technique and lens thing not a camera only thing.

Slow shutter for night shots. You'll find this worse on a DSLR. The lens of a DSLR is huge compared to a PnS but compared to the APSC or FF sensor it is much smaller than the PnS. It's a ratio of the size of the lens to the sensor area not an absolute lens size that makes it bigger. Most PnS are now f2.8. Most DSLR lenses are f3.5. The f2.8 needs more money.

But, it's a journey of discovery. Just don't start with the wrong expectations and think that you've bought the wrong equipment.

Sony nex 7 ... Hear that it will be good and small size. But don't know when it arrive.
    | 5Diii | 24 ii | 40 | 24-70 ii | 24-105 | 70-200 F4 IS | 270 ii | 600EX-RT |

just get the D7000 and stick to it

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309
    just get the D7000 and stick to it
    Ya, I think so.

Thanks, man.

Get Sony NEX, and u won't complain about noise and pic quality

People already decide and want to get D7k..Come on. and btw.. whats wrong with D7k noise and pic quality?

Quote Originally Posted by TWmilkteaTW View Post

HA!!! Yah...

Actually, a few of you suggested the SONY's NEX... I've seen a girl playing with it in Starbucks and impressing her dad with the pics. She was in the continuous shot mode and it kept clicking away non-stop as she panned the camera around.

It's nice. But quite small. Good for wife... not so nice for me, especially when I'm already being hit by the BBB virus even before buying!!!

Thinking of getting the 50mm, dry box, external flash, battery grip, etc...

ARGH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Denniswong View Post
    HA!!! Yah...

Actually, a few of you suggested the SONY's NEX... I've seen a girl playing with it in Starbucks and impressing her dad with the pics. She was in the continuous shot mode and it kept clicking away non-stop as she panned the camera around.

It's nice. But quite small. Good for wife... not so nice for me, especially when I'm already being hit by the BBB virus even before buying!!!

Thinking of getting the 50mm, dry box, external flash, battery grip, etc...

ARGH!!!
    Dennis, if you have enough budget, i suggest a dry cab, rather than a dry box. For more on the debate on Dry Box vs Dry Cab, this thread is quite lengthy and has most of the argument captured.
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3678910 ... LastLast