Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Thread: How to convince wife?

Default Re: How to convince wife?

do what i did...
    Keep explaining all the technical terms to her, till she get bored or confuse and when she don wanna listen to you anymore she will say "go buy whatever you want lah!!" then bingo!!! you get what you want.. but of course u also don be too kiamsep la... spend some $$ on her also la so she wont feel so sore...
    That way whenever i visit a camera shop, the next shop i visit is a jewelery shop. Lol

If money is not the major concern: if wife buy branded hand bag, then TS should be able to buy a DSLR, same logic and same money value.

Canon 5D II, 20-35 f/2.8L, 28-80 f/2.8L, 70-200 f/4L IS, 100-300 f/5.6L, 100 f/2.8 Macro

From a lady's point of view, I think u shd let ur wife know ur passion in ps. I am sure she will understand n support u. For me, I will still support my hubby even thou I have no interest in what he Wana buy. (eg car, electronic gadgets) Guys after all need their own entertainment n toys. As long as financial wise ok, i feel nt an issue.
    For my case, it's my hubby who bought my dslr for me thou he has no interest. Haha. I use it to shoot my kids n he is happy with the pics. good luck =)

Let me share how I get D7000. B4 I marry my wife, she already known i love to take picture and I own a film slr with 2 lens. 1 fine day I told her I want to buy a Dslr but not sure which 1 to get coz I need to get at least a D90 so that my old lenses can use on the body. After hearing these she stop me frm buying saying that it expensive and not sure if it a good body. So wat she did next is she borrow frm her friend a D7000 to let me play for a couple of days. After that I told her these... Dear.. It all your fault, now I want to buy d7000 instead of d90 coz it works better with my old gears and has better function which she is totally agree after I proofing it. 2 Things tat she didn't know: I have been eyeing on D7000 since day 1 not d90. I know tat most of her friend own d7000 but not d90. But of coz u must be able to put it in good use not juz leave it in the cabinet too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gikens View Post
    Let me share how I get D7000. B4 I marry my wife, she already known i love to take picture and I own a film slr with 2 lens. 1 fine day I told her I want to buy a Dslr but not sure which 1 to get coz I need to get at least a D90 so that my old lenses can use on the body. After hearing these she stop me frm buying saying that it expensive and not sure if it a good body. So wat she did next is she borrow frm her friend a D7000 to let me play for a couple of days. After that I told her these... Dear.. It all your fault, now I want to buy d7000 instead of d90 coz it works better with my old gears and has better function which she is totally agree after I proofing it. 2 Things tat she didn't know: I have been eyeing on D7000 since day 1 not d90. I know tat most of her friend own d7000 but not d90. But of coz u must be able to put it in good use not juz leave it in the cabinet too.
    Better hope she don't see this. whahahaa, nice tactics..
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

when i married my wife i told her that she's gotta live with me loving photography and buying tons of gear. or else i wouldn't even propose to her. so now i buy whatever camera i want. and she buys whatever bag she wants. you win some, you lose some money

Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye

Better hope she don't see this. whahahaa, nice tactics..
    Hahaha.. Tks.

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309
    when i married my wife i told her that she's gotta live with me loving photography and buying tons of gear. or else i wouldn't even propose to her. so now i buy whatever camera i want. and she buys whatever bag she wants. you win some, you lose some money
    You are a man ???

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    You're a dude??? and you're old enough to marry???
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by SamTac View Post
    You are a man ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    You're a dude??? and you're old enough to marry???
    lesbian marriage

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309
    I feel so cheated....
    Exploring! :)

i'm amazed that everyone here is coming up with ways and means for TS to 'convince' his wife/sweet-talk his wife.

for goodness sake, your wife is not your mother. unless you're living off her money, why are you even trying to 'convince' or 'ask her permission'? no wonder people are complaining about singaporean men. you can't even stand up for what you want!

Buy something for her 1st and make her happy by bringing her to eat her favorite food or just like brother wsuun say"buy LV or gucci for her" =)
    Good luck in convincing her.

actually just tell her u wanna buy a dslr lor...dun think she will object much as long u spending within ur means bah?

Quote Originally Posted by verselines View Post
    i'm amazed that everyone here is coming up with ways and means for TS to 'convince' his wife/sweet-talk his wife.

for goodness sake, your wife is not your mother. unless you're living off her money, why are you even trying to 'convince' or 'ask her permission'? no wonder people are complaining about singaporean men. you can't even stand up for what you want!
    let me put it this way:

when you get married, you're supposed to stick together through thick or thin. and make decisions together

you're earning a singaporean salary. you're paying off housing loans, car loans, whatever else, bills and this and that

if you can't respect the person enough to ask "hey, i'm thinking of buying a camera. will that affect our savings and disposable income?" then it just means that you're a selfish, selfish basterd that oughta be shot.

let me put it this way:

when you get married, you're supposed to stick together through thick or thin. and make decisions together

you're earning a singaporean salary. you're paying off housing loans, car loans, whatever else, bills and this and that

if you can't respect the person enough to ask "hey, i'm thinking of buying a camera. will that affect our savings and disposable income?" then it just means that you're a selfish, selfish basterd that oughta be shot.
    this assumes that a man cannot be trusted to make a responsible decision and manage his finances properly without consulting/asking PERMISSION from his wife. look at how the issue is being framed on a meta-level...what are the assumptions being made here when ts posed the question and when others offered their advice. it does not reflect well on the singaporean male at all.

for one, the word 'convince' already implies that the guy is doing something 'sneaky' and undesirable. the man wants to buy a dslr, not stage a bank heist!

i'm not advocating being a 'selfish, selfish *******', just a little common sense. and after all, aren't you supposed to TRUST your partner in marriage?
    Last edited by verselines; 17th November 2011 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by verselines View Post
    this assumes that a man cannot be trusted to make a responsible decision and manage his finances properly without consulting/asking PERMISSION from his wife. look at how the issue is being framed on a meta-level...what are the assumptions being made here when ts posed the question and when others offered their advice. it does not reflect well on the singaporean male at all.

for one, the word 'convince' already implies that the guy is doing something 'sneaky' and undesirable. the man wants to buy a dslr, not stage a bank heist!

i'm not advocating being a 'selfish, selfish *******', just a little common sense. and after all, aren't you supposed to TRUST your partner in marriage?
    trust cannot be seen. don't you sometimes wish someone would tell you something to make them sound more trustworthy? oh wait...i was thinking of something. yes! opening your mouth to ask them would sound like it makes sense!

it's psychology.

yes. men are known for their infidelity, their rash decisions and spendthrift ways, things that are rarely seen in women. why do you think it's best for men to at least let their wives know?

it's Male Chauvinism that makes you think this way that men are the rulers over women. so you think you're better than a woman who can give birth to your child?

thanks for playing

trust cannot be seen. don't you sometimes wish someone would tell you something to make them sound more trustworthy? oh wait...i was thinking of something. yes! opening your mouth to ask them would sound like it makes sense!

it's psychology.

yes. men are known for their infidelity, their rash decisions and spendthrift ways, things that are rarely seen in women. why do you think it's best for men to at least let their wives know?

it's Male Chauvinism that makes you think this way that men are the rulers over women. so you think you're better than a woman who can give birth to your child?

thanks for playing
    and you're calling me chauvinist?

and to the guys, see how you're being viewed.

OMG. People sweating on petty things again.

Quote Originally Posted by verselines

I think getting married means its not about 'me n myself' n 'mine n my money' anymore. It is not about 'asking her permission' but I think discuss will b a better word? I mean we r talking about a thousand or 2 here n not a hundred or 2. I would think At least shd respect the wife to discuss about using the family income.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast