Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: How to convince wife?

Default Re: How to convince wife?

Quote Originally Posted by TWmilkteaTW View Post
    hmm.. i dont think its nice to lie to your another half right... IMO its not necessary. Why if she finds out..things can get worst.

Maybe TS can try n think of his own sweet talk.. hmm maybe like..after i got that nice DSLR...i can bring you..we can go to beautiful places and take really beautiful pictures and moment. After hearing holiday.. most will be happy isnt it? hmm.. think about what makes her happy and try to work with it. It helps..
    Okok.

Try this.

Borrow a camera that can set to bulb mode. Go to a dark room with a torchlight and paint "Darling! I love you!!"

Show her the pic.

If she is astonished and pleasantly suprised and asked you how did you do it, you can start your "salesmanship"....
    Last edited by chillicutter; 15th November 2011 at 09:02 PM.

Are YOU or your wife who wants a camera?

If it is you. Go get it. Period.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Sounds like you're trying to dissuade yourself from getting one
    If you don't spend beyond your means, I think she would have little reason to stop you from getting one, especially if you have a strong interest in photography.

Just don't give her a reason to say "See? I told you it was a waste of your money!" several months down the road...
    HA!! Yes, this is what I'm also afraid of.
    Damn. Let me do more research and probably even imagine owning one and lugging one around.
    It's not one of the lightest things around.

Quote Originally Posted by lankyal View Post
    I think you need to convince yourself that you need it first
    Of course, I've convinced myself I need one. But I'm afraid it's like one of those impulse things that I get hooked on, and one day wake up and ask myself what am I doing with a DSLR. HA!!

Quote Originally Posted by devilry View Post
    Divorce isn't the worst, trust me..

The wife will stop doing *ah-hem*... As a guy I feel this is the worst torture the wife can dish out if the husband misbehaves by buying camera without her approval
    Yup, I definitely agree with you.
    And it's kindda like breaking the trust she has in me. She trusts me with some money, and there I go... spend it on something without informing or even discussing with her first.

Quote Originally Posted by tecnica View Post
    sex, just say it.

no sex just because of a camera? this is so childish.

oh well, to each his own.
    Hi tecnica,
    No, it's not the "no sex" thing.
    I can imagine her look of disappointment when I go get something so expensive without informing/discussing with her.
    No doubt, she may eventually forgive me, but it's something that I do not want to do.

But thanks for the advice, dude.
    It will most certainly work for others.

Quote Originally Posted by kkgoxplore View Post
    Borrow a DSLR and take a good portrait shot of her. That should seal the deal.
    This is a grand idea!!

Quote Originally Posted by TWmilkteaTW View Post
    So far. i havnt heard of any extreme or bad case..the most she dont talk to you for afew days.. money earned..is to be spent.. like mentioned if you think its worth it..within budget and you can justify it.. Just do it. You can save back that money anyway. Unless u dont intend to? Just have a good talk with her..i believe she will understand.. i mean come on its just a camera..D7k.. ur not getting D3s and all the FX lenses are you?
    Yes, you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by chillicutter View Post
    Okok.

Try this.

Borrow a camera that can set to bulb mode. Go to a dark room with a torchlight and paint "Darling! I love you!!"

Show her the pic.

If she is astonished and pleasantly suprised and asked you how did you do it, you can start your "salesmanship"....
    This is absolutely fabulous, chillicutter.
    I can almost picture the final pic.

What's bulb mode?
    What lenses to use? If no bulb mode, what settings to use? ISO? Aperture and Shutter speed?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Tell her you want to get a DSLR, and if she says "No", be a man, stand up and tell her not to kill off your passions.
    then she'll be a woman and say she has a headache every time you want some nookie

Quote Originally Posted by Denniswong View Post
    This is absolutely fabulous, chillicutter.
    I can almost picture the final pic.

What's bulb mode?
    What lenses to use? If no bulb mode, what settings to use? ISO? Aperture and Shutter speed?

Thanks!
    Perhaps you should research online or borrow a book about basic photography. It will explain it clearer and also you can show your wife how serious you are for this hobby.

just buy it then she nth to say...
    like me i also buy 1st include lens all then only told she..she sure nothing to say any more just will bla bla bla but after few day is ok haha..

Since you don't seem to be able convince yourself to convince your wife, why not start with a 2nd hand set from BNS, it can even be lower entry level DSLR, if that's what you looking for. Or if you are concern about weight, then maybe try research the mirrorless cameras m43 (Olympus, Panasonic), Sony, Samsung, Ricoh...as good picture quality with great portability. Again the BNS has great bargains sometimes. Buying 2nd and selling it later won't lose much, that probably will help to convince her - Don't like sell off without much loss, sounds like a proposition to me
    Last edited by wonglp; 16th November 2011 at 12:53 AM.

Dont buy it for yourself, tell her you feel like buying her a dslr.
    She say "What?? Why?".
    Reply "Cause I want you to use the camera to capture my macho moments, and you could post it on facebook so your friends can be amazed with your photography skills!".
    She will ask "How much is the dslr?"
    You reply "Depends lor.. I think I will buy a cheap dslr, even though the image quality is lousier, they say photography is not easy to learn. if you don't like to use the camera, then the actual loss is lower."
    She will say "I think get the more expensive one la.. cheap one later spoil fast. troublesome. how much?"
    You say "a few thousand for a very good one."
    She will exclaim "SO EXPENSIVE?!".

You can reply
    1."as expensive as the ring on your finger, but it has more actual use".
    2."you are definitely worth all the money in the world buying the camera, because I **** you.."

1. Don't be to hesitant to borrow the camera too often from her, or she will know the true reason you bought the camera.
    2. Remember to buy yourself an even better camera, if you find that she uses the camera too much.
    3. If she doesn't use the camera much, good for you. You just got yourself a camera

Win-Win.

Quote Originally Posted by 1412235827 View Post
    Dont buy it for yourself, tell her you feel like buying her a dslr.
    She say "What?? Why?".
    Reply "Cause I want you to use the camera to capture my macho moments, and you could post it on facebook so your friends can be amazed with your photography skills!".
    She will ask "How much is the dslr?"
    You reply "Depends lor.. I think I will buy a cheap dslr, even though the image quality is lousier, they say photography is not easy to learn. if you don't like to use the camera, then the actual loss is lower."
    She will say "I think get the more expensive one la.. cheap one later spoil fast. troublesome. how much?"
    You say "a few thousand for a very good one."
    She will exclaim "SO EXPENSIVE?!".

You can reply
    1."as expensive as the ring on your finger, but it has more actual use".
    2."you are definitely worth all the money in the world buying the camera, because I **** you.."

1. Don't be to hesitant to borrow the camera too often from her, or she will know the true reason you bought the camera.
    2. Remember to buy yourself an even better camera, if you find that she uses the camera too much.
    3. If she doesn't use the camera much, good for you. You just got yourself a camera

Win-Win.
    ok this is a crock of s**t and sounds more like troll-logic

just buy it...... U scare wife issit!!!
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

Buy chanel bag, then gucci, then LV, then your DSLR
    http://www.akkuaphotography.com

Quote Originally Posted by Denniswong View Post
    I can imagine her look of disappointment when I go get something so expensive without informing/discussing with her.
    No doubt, she may eventually forgive me, but it's something that I do not want to do.
    same here bro..

when i buying expensive stuffs for myself such as bicycle, inline skate boots or a powerkite.. i will tell her in advance.. maybe 2 3 months earlier..
    but when i got interested in dslr, i told her 6 month in advance LOL
    'dear.. im saving now to buy a new cam'.. and of course there will be some feedback from her about the price, usefulness etc..

along the way.. as other bros here mentioned.. show her some pic online taken by DLSR.. the sharpness, the clarity.. bla bla bla
    when im ready to buy.. i bring her along..
    but i never tell her when im buying new lenses...
    ~PeaceNoWar~

Get NEX-5N la.. same D7000 sensor anyway.

You need to know your own motives for wanting to get a DSLR. What are they?

Quote Originally Posted by akszaksz View Post
    Buy chanel bag, then gucci, then LV, then your DSLR
    best advice i've heard!

but by then i don't think TS will have enough cash to do that

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast