Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5891011 LastLast

Thread: How to convince wife?

Quote Originally Posted by zaren

husbands don't need convincing. they will buy anything for their wives, no questions asked.
    Yup!! We dun need any convincing.

In fact, sometimes we encourage them! Ha!!

Default Re: How to convince wife?

Quote Originally Posted by Denniswong View Post
    Yup!! We dun need any convincing.

In fact, sometimes we encourage them! Ha!!
    Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    husbands don't need convincing. they will buy anything for their wives, no questions asked.
    Because the husband in turn buys something for himself?
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

i didnt convince her. I just buy and she dont know my gear pricing.. all I told her is about 1k for everything. But she dont like me go take photos especially on sunset or sunrise or tree or street photography...she always nag and say' you take so much all these pic... got see meh?" y waste time ? sun will change meh? y need to take sunrise?
    D700 - 24-70mm F2.8 ED - 105mm VR2 Micro - Samyang 14mm - 50mm 1.8D - Mb 10 - SB900 - SB400

Quote Originally Posted by small pig
    i didnt convince her. I just buy and she dont know my gear pricing.. all I told her is about 1k for everything. But she dont like me go take photos especially on sunset or sunrise or tree or street photography...she always nag and say' you take so much all these pic... got see meh?" y waste time ? sun will change meh? y need to take sunrise?
    Hahahaha!!!

This is really hilarious, man.

Quote Originally Posted by small pig View Post
    If I were you, I will reply her:" No. I cannot change the sun. But I can change the wife..."

Quote Originally Posted by chillicutter

If I were you, I will reply her:" No. I cannot change the sun. But I can change the wife..."
    Ha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chillicutter View Post
    I wont. ..
    D700 - 24-70mm F2.8 ED - 105mm VR2 Micro - Samyang 14mm - 50mm 1.8D - Mb 10 - SB900 - SB400

Was playing with my cousin's D7000 yesterday and today.

For 5 mins, it's quite ok. But for long term shooting, it can get quite tiring.

Any advice not to have aching hands an wrists?

Quote Originally Posted by small pig View Post
    1K for your kit? You wanna sell not? i buy from you $900.. haha

Your wife is so cute...
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Photogenic

1K for your kit? You wanna sell not? i buy from you $900.. haha

Your wife is so cute...
    He told his wife it's $1k.
    But he spent few times more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Denniswong

Train some arm power/bring tripod/ mirrorless cameras

Quote Originally Posted by wonglp

Train some arm power/bring tripod/ mirrorless cameras
    Ha!!

Mirrorless cams, as in EP3, et al?

But seriously, how do event shooters do it? Is it a matter of getting used to? Or camera holding technique? Or.. ?

He told his wife it's $1k.
    But he spent few times more than that.
    Haha..i know, I was just kacau-ing him.. =p
    Alpha

See what I said earlier in my post?

I warned abt using a Dslr that u will find it too bulky and heavy.

Alot of buyers, buy dslr and later regret it, then they will never bring it out and leave it to rot under the bed.

Think before buy. If u r just a causal shooter, get those mirrorless. Again I must mention NEX 5N. Take a look at it. Read the specs and sample pictures

Ha!!

But seriously, how do event shooters do it? Is it a matter of getting used to? Or camera holding technique? Or.. ?
    Certainly for certain types of shooting, the mirrorless (m43, Nex, Ricoh GXR, Nikon 1, Samsung NX, Pentax Q) still not there, but it's really good enough for casual shooters like me. I use it for friend wedding as backup, not main photographer of course and help to supplement other angles that photographers don't cover.
    Can check out my flickr sets/pen thread in my signature to see if it's good enough for you. There's nex, pen, ricoh in my flickr sets I let go my dslr 2 yrs ago, no regrets. Go to a shop and try out yourself. Be surprise from what you can get from the mirrorless

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Photogenic

Haha..i know, I was just kacau-ing him.. =p
    Ha!! He may have bot the D700 or D3X.

Lol, I know how u feel, Dennis, Im a poly student with a weekend part time job at a pub. I have a mum who really hates when i buy camera stuff... And a gf who wont be happy if i spend time shooting instead of spending time with her... But yeah, that does not stop me from my passion, shooting cosplay and joining photography competitions which i nv win... Despite that i got myself a backpackful of wonderful gear... Maybe because of that "sweet victory", my passion in photography grew. Thanks for my photography teacher who initiate everything, if not, i wouldnt have 4k worth of equipment, lol

How to convince wife?
    If you are a man you shouldn't ask such question unless you need lessons.

Ha!!

Its really a matter of getting used to it. getting a comfortable strap helps too but it doesn't make it any lighter. Just more comfortable, less painful to carry for long.

That's why i have 2 camera bodies one dslr i use for more rigorous shoots under more demanding conditions and one mirrorless for more casual shoots

Quote Originally Posted by detritus

Its really a matter of getting used to it. getting a comfortable strap helps too but it doesn't make it any lighter. Just more comfortable, less painful to carry for long.

That's why i have 2 camera bodies one dslr i use for more rigorous shoots under more demanding conditions and one mirrorless for more casual shoots
    Demanding vs casual.

Hmm... I'm leaning towards the D7000, but the weight is putting me off. It weighs a ton. Probably gotta do lots of pushups and bicep curls to train.

And what is demanding and what is casual?

I'd use the cam to shoot portraits of my wife and friends and family members, and for family gatherings (dinners in restaurants, homes, etc) and holiday trips, which includes scenes.

Is this demanding or casual?

Frankly, I dun wanna get a system and then leave it at home most of the time cos of its bulk. And only use it at certain occasions.

I've seen many many users hanging cams with huge zooms around their necks, and strutting around town or parks with their families. Impeding most of their movements.

But I love DSLRs, cos of the sharpness and faster focus, etc.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5891011 LastLast