15th November 2011, 01:03 PM
Raffles Photoclub Outing: Singapore Zoo, 19th November, Saturday, 1pm
Back to the Singapore Zoo... simply because its fun and it always provides good results
Date: 19th November, 2011
Location: Singapore Zoo.
1. If on time, meet outside ticketing area
2. Those who arrive late, come by straight to the white tiger section. Feeding session begins at 2.20. I'd suggest you don't be too late, crowds start forming by 1.30
Ticket price: $20 (adult)
How to get there:
80 Mandai Lake Road
Here are the various options available by MRT:
1. Alight at Ang Mo Kio station (NS16) and take bus service 138 from the bus interchange.
2. Alight at Choa Chu Kang station (NS4-BP1) and take bus service 927 from the bus interchange.
3. From Changi Airport station (EW29), board the train and alight at Tanah Merah station (EW4) to switch to the west-bound train to City Hall station (EW13-NS25), switch again to the north-bound train to Ang Mo Kio station (NS16) and take bus service 138 from the bus interchange.
4. From Changi Airport station (EW29), board the train and alight at Tanah Merah station (EW4) to switch to the west-bound train to Jurong East station (EW24-NS1), switch again to the north-bound train to Choa Chu Kang station (NS4-BP1) and take bus service 927 from the bus interchange.
If you are coming by bus,
From the City, take bus service 171 to Mandai Road. Alight at the first bus stop after the bus turns off Exit 7 of the Bukit Timah Expressway (BKE). Transfer to bus service 927 or 926 (Do note that 926 only operates on Sundays and public holidays).
Type of photography possible.
1. Slow shutter captures of tigers
2. HDR of some animals.
1. A macro lens, preferably 90mm and above.
2. Polarizing filter, to minimize pesky reflections through glass in some cases.
3. A telephoto zoom lens, very crucial to capture tiger photographs and other animals as well.
4. Tripod optional. I have only found use for it while photographing the snakes(in HDR)
5. Bottle of water, to stay hydrated. It gets very hot at the zoo and it would be a shame to lose an amazing photo moment because you were thirsty and running around trying to find water.
For those who wish to come early in the morning, you can give me a call on my cellphone. I'll be hanging around the area from 11.00am. Note. The outing will officially begin at 1.00pm
If you are joining us please R.S.V.P via the list below or on the facebook group here : https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=183319388421792
Thank you for your time. Any questions, please feel free to sms me.
Director, Raffles Photo Club.
Outing is reserved to 10 clubsnap members.
Last edited by hersheydesai; 15th November 2011 at 01:04 PM.