Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: fz20 and digital rebel

  1. #1

    Default fz20 and digital rebel

    hi guys!

    i just bumped on this thread at dcresource.com.

    http://www.dcresource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1760

    check it out!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,777
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ginamos
    hi guys!

    i just bumped on this thread at dcresource.com.

    http://www.dcresource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1760

    check it out!
    FZ20 Canon 300D

    Lumixers

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    2,358

    Default

    Sounds like the guy doesn't know how to use the 300D... I used the 300D for a year and I'm not disappointed with the results... Maybe he got a bad set...
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    A 28-300 is used for the tests with the 300D, wide-open or close to wide-open vs the FZ20's lens that's two stops stepped down.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    A 28-300 is used for the tests with the 300D, wide-open or close to wide-open vs the FZ20's lens that's two stops stepped down.
    Add on, 28-300 not exactly a good lens to use for testing.

    Hahah... looks like all the ex-300D users R defending that cam..

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,777
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Add on, 28-300 not exactly a good lens to use for testing.

    Hahah... looks like all the ex-300D users R defending that cam..
    Maybe he should have used a Leica Lens for testing..... but then again at what price? Lumixers are really getting a damned good bargain for their cameras!!!!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Add on, 28-300 not exactly a good lens to use for testing.

    Hahah... looks like all the ex-300D users R defending that cam..
    put the 28-300 on any DSLR (even 1Ds, D2H, etc) to shoot wideopen and the FZ20 will probably beat it

    But that said, Panasonic has really come a long way since their first digital cameras.
    Last edited by mpenza; 8th November 2004 at 09:48 PM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    2,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Add on, 28-300 not exactly a good lens to use for testing.

    Hahah... looks like all the ex-300D users R defending that cam..
    Wonder what would the total cost be to get a good lens for the 300D to match FZ20! Not forgetting total weights too........

    FZ20 is less than S$1K!!!

  9. #9

    Default

    just curious, but u guys really think a proconsumer camera can be just as good as an dslr? i too own an FZ20 and agree that it is a superb camera, but the fact that a dslr can focus at faster speed and work on a higher ISO range is 2 very key difference that i dun think it is really logical to compare a dslr with a proconsumer camera. The leica lens is amazing but like all brands, they have different quality in their range of products. just my some of my thoughts.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Spore
    Posts
    71

    Default

    at this moment i dun feel dslr has been beaten yet....

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by authmn
    at this moment i dun feel dslr has been beaten yet....
    yup i agree with you! guess that will only change when the CCD of the lumix has been changed. despite what all others say about noise and all the post processing stuff, i own a lumix and i feel that noise is really on a high side and when u compared it with the range of ISO that is workable on dslr, then u know why there are pple who are willing to pay the $$ for a dslr

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wiki
    just curious, but u guys really think a proconsumer camera can be just as good as an dslr? i too own an FZ20 and agree that it is a superb camera, but the fact that a dslr can focus at faster speed and work on a higher ISO range is 2 very key difference that i dun think it is really logical to compare a dslr with a proconsumer camera. The leica lens is amazing but like all brands, they have different quality in their range of products. just my some of my thoughts.
    For me, it's very much depend on what I want, or shall I say what is my budget. Don't think the FZ10/20 can perform like the pro dslr, but if the dslr are comparing in the range or capability of the FZ10/20, the later might have a edge over the dslr.
    We can't compare just like that, it's no end to it. Just enjoy what the Lumix can give you and maximise the capability like the full 12X zoom with enough light.
    I'll shoot what the Lumix cam can perform, that's why I'm enjoying my cam. , just my 2 cents comments.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •