Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Remove dust from the viewfinder

  1. #1

    Default Remove dust from the viewfinder

    I have many difficult to remove dust on my viewfinder.(c2100uz) How should I go about removing them? I have tried using s soft cloth and blower but to no avail.

    PLs advise. Thank you.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    somewhere near...
    Posts
    2,114

    Default Re: Remove dust from the viewfinder

    Originally posted by Falcon
    I have many difficult to remove dust on my viewfinder.(c2100uz) How should I go about removing them? I have tried using s soft cloth and blower but to no avail.

    PLs advise. Thank you.
    what abt cotton bud? I use that.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Don't touch it. Use a blower if there is only dust.

    If the lens has oily stain from dirty fingers, then buy the kodah lens cleaning lotion and drip 1/2 drop size onto a cotton bud. Make sure the bud is not very wet before tapping lightly at the oily stain.

    Using cloth or other "micro fiber" material will hurt the surface coating no matter how safe they claim to be :P

    Take note also, if you viewfinder is plastic, do not attempt any form of cleaning, sure scratch

  4. #4

    Default

    Originally posted by jasonpgc
    Don't touch it. Use a blower if there is only dust.

    If the lens has oily stain from dirty fingers, then buy the kodah lens cleaning lotion and drip 1/2 drop size onto a cotton bud. Make sure the bud is not very wet before tapping lightly at the oily stain.

    Using cloth or other "micro fiber" material will hurt the surface coating no matter how safe they claim to be :P

    Take note also, if you viewfinder is plastic, do not attempt any form of cleaning, sure scratch
    It seems that I can do nothing. Wonder if the oly suppport can help me. Or this is not under warranty??

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Don't worry too much about dust in the viewfinder, remember always that it will not affect the quality of your pictures

  6. #6

    Default

    Originally posted by jasonpgc
    Don't worry too much about dust in the viewfinder, remember always that it will not affect the quality of your pictures
    it will not, but it is extremely irritating.

    anyway, look carefully and be sure that the dust is not on the inner surface, otherwise you're cleaning for nothing... and if it's on the inner surface, best to leave it as it is...

  7. #7
    Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    4,026

    Default ....sad to say about consumer digicam...

    ..Hiee..

    Too bad, most of the camera nowadays are using modular viewfinder, which may not be able to be cleaned without tearing apart the whole view finder assembly.

    Some even have periscopic viewfinder which may make it more difficult to disassemble.

    So.....i think you need to live with it or maybe send to the service center to have it cleaned. Try calling them.

    .....i'm sure they aren't expensive to have it cleaned .

    regards,
    me

  8. #8

    Default

    Brint it to Olympus Service Centre, they will help you. I try it before

  9. #9

    Default

    Originally posted by siewsphone
    Brint it to Olympus Service Centre, they will help you. I try it before
    I will bring it down on monday. Tks to all who replied to this thread.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    or u can use a jeweller screw to unscrew the side and face of the viewfinder loupe... then gently remove and use a blower to de-dust... try not to dislodge the dioter dial... but nothing fatal.
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •