Recently i've became exceptionally interested in Photography. 10 years ago my friends had introduced me to photography but i was nv interested. 10 years later, here i'm posting and asking qns abt cameras.
My interests might be just a spur of the moment. As i'm going for an overseas trip with my gf this coming Dec, i decided that i want to take picture with better qualities. I have a Sony TX1 but those pictures produce are always not up to standard once they are viewed on PC.
I was reading thru review and the camera that caught my eye was Sony Nex-5n. The outlook is somewhat that i really love. More or less i'm set with Sony Nex-5N, currently just waiting for Sitex to come (Buying it during the show).
Yesterday, as i was reading some tech stuff i chance upon Samsung NX200. Almost the same design as Sony Nex series, same cat (mirrorless) and same sensor (APS-C). Below are some of the details i gathered.
Samsung NX200 Pros
1. NX200 is priced @ abt $900 which is abt 200~300 lower than Nex-5N
2. NX200 has a 20.3mp compared to Nex-5N's 16.1mp
3. Saw sample IQ of NX200 vs Nex-5N, Shots taken with ISO lower than 3200 were better.
Sony NEX-5N Pros
1. Better IQ on higher iso
2. Better battery stamina (450 shot compared to 250 shot on NX200)
3. Faster processing with taking in RAW (7 bust shot on NX200 takes 1 min to proc)
4. More accessories and avail adaptor for other mounting lens.
I've looked thru the NEX picture thread here and i realised that NEX-5N can have other lens mounted on it.
I have seen picture taken with Tammy, Ziess, Sony lens. Therefore i was given the impression that its more flexible.
1. What is the good part of taking pictures in RAW format?
2. What for filters used for? For Nex n NX they are 49mm?
3. If i were to buy NX200, i'm restricted to just Samsung lens?