Thread: Camera lens not focusing

Unhappy Camera lens not focusing

Hello all, i just bought my new camera and lens. After taking a few photos, the lens couldnt focus clearly! But when i snapped the photo, the picture was clear . It was initially fine, but after i changed the lens once, the picture seen from the viewfinder, the subject cannot reach the clarity i got before... Is there dust inside from changing the lens? Can anyone tell me why it is likke this and what to do . I tried googling answers and searching on the forum but i cant find any similar posts... Please help

Default Re: Camera lens not focusing

maybe you can post the photos so we can make some suggestions based on them

Tell us your camera model and lens.

Maybe post some pix samples to see?

I dont have a clear photo from before as i deleted them, i didnt like them. But i have a photo of a sundew i just took. I am using a Nikon D5100, lense is Nikkor 105mm F/2.8 ED VR micro lens.
    Here is the picture

Guys any ideas? Its really frustrating... I know its not my eyesight because even the numbers seen through the view finder is blurred! I dont believe is dust. could it be something wrong with my settings? Please advise .

you are shooting something up close at f3.5 with a macro lens....
    most area in the frame will be thrown out of focus for sure....
    if you can't focus, either you are too far or too near, check your lens' minimum focusing range....and check the lens physically....on the left side of the lens (from the camera back) are three switches:
    • M/A - M: Controls whether the lens is in autofocus mode with manual override (M/A) or manual focus only mode (M).
    • Full - Infinity to 0.5m: Controls whether the lens will focus throughout its range (Full) or only in the "far" range (Inf-0.5m).
    • VR On -- VR Off: Turns the vibration reduction system on (On) and off (Off).
    Check the second switch to see if it's preventing you from focusing
    Last edited by AnsQ; 12th November 2011 at 08:58 PM.

I believe there's a diopter dial at your viewfinder..u may have adjusted it..just turn the dial till the image u see through the vf is clear..hope this helps..
    KANTAimages
    "through the lens where every memories is crafted"

Yes Shalan, you are right. I turned it back and it is clear again, thanks! I apparaently may have accidentally turned it, silly me! Thanks for all you help guys .

Quote Originally Posted by heliam
    Yes Shalan, you are right. I turned it back and it is clear again, thanks! I apparaently may have accidentally turned it, silly me! Thanks for all you help guys .
    My pleasure..do take note of it in the future..
    KANTAimages
    "through the lens where every memories is crafted"

i sure will, dont want to cause uneccessary troubles again.

Suspected also that u turned the diapoter dial accidentally

I dont have a clear photo from before as i deleted them, i didnt like them. But i have a photo of a sundew i just took. I am using a Nikon D5100, lense is Nikkor 105mm F/2.8 ED VR micro lens.
    Here is the picture
    Depth of field is something you need to read up on.

Quote Originally Posted by donut88
    Suspected also that u turned the diapoter dial accidentally
    Ya, possible. It happened to me before.

Many things i need to read further upon, i just started haha . Got a lot of learning to do!

did u slap yourself in the forehead after realizing this?

hehehe I did it a couple of times myself...

Lol.... me too!! lend my cam to my friend who is very short sighted,.... then when he return it to me i was like "What the hell did u do to my precious!!!" and he don even remember turning the dial... make me spend 1/2hour trying to solve the problem. lol