Thread: Help with regards to stuck filter?

Default Help with regards to stuck filter?

Alright I know I'd probably get blown off first but I have tried the methods posted, and I currently don't have a pair of pliers but does anyone have a good way which I can take of my filter?

Story behind why it's stuck. I was rollerblading back from taking photos and I fell with my camera with my 10-22mm with my ND110 filter on it and now it's just jammed in the threads. I might try and get pliers pretty soon or maybe wait till I am back in Singapore and try to get it done but I would really love to use this lens soon and if anyone has any great ideas on how I could possibly remove it please let me know.

I tried chilling it, hoping metal contract quicker than the lens, that didn't work.

Tried the rubberband method that was mentioned somewhere some thread,

tried putting it against rubber and twisting,

tried my hands. Nope. Need Help

Cheers. I promise I will never rollerblade with my camera not stored safely ANYMORE.

Quote Originally Posted by labla
    Alright I know I'd probably get blown off first but I have tried the methods posted, and I currently don't have a pair of pliers but does anyone have a good way which I can take of my filter?

Story behind why it's stuck. I was rollerblading back from taking photos and I fell with my camera with my 10-22mm with my ND110 filter on it and now it's just jammed in the threads. I might try and get pliers pretty soon or maybe wait till I am back in Singapore and try to get it done but I would really love to use this lens soon and if anyone has any great ideas on how I could possibly remove it please let me know.

I tried chilling it, hoping metal contract quicker than the lens, that didn't work.

Tried the rubberband method that was mentioned somewhere some thread,

tried putting it against rubber and twisting,

tried my hands. Nope. Need Help

Cheers. I promise I will never rollerblade with my camera not stored safely ANYMORE.
    With the rubber band method again, cover with a thick cloth over the rubber band to beef up the grip and try turning.

If not, worse come to worse, break the filter and use the pilers method. Sounds destructive though.
    D3S|N70-200|N24-70|N24-85|N50f1.4|N35f2|SB800|SB900|Yashica GS|S95
    www.flickr.com/photos/davidktw

Default Re: Help with regards to stuck filter?

there is a filter wrench to help in such situation, maybe you seek members help to lent you a use..

but before that, you can try use those non slip mat first

Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Thanks for all your replies.

I'll try using a long nose pliers and a non slip mat to see what I can do to save it

while applying force ( bring to turn I mean) , give it some careful knocks ( light vibration) ...that sometimes also help

Go get something like this

Lens Filter Wrench Review

Similar to what Catchlights mentioned maybe
    Canon EOS 600D | 17-40 L | 24-105 L | 100 L | 50mm 1.8II | BG-E8