Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faster speed with external flash

Default Re: Faster speed with external flash

Quote Originally Posted by tecnica View Post
    actually when you -ev your flash, you are cutting down the power output which means lesser light will be available to light up the subject = underexposed picture.

there is a learning curve for everything, just take it at a comfortable pace will do.
    Underestimated the power of the light....I tot -ev of flash = something like -1 stop of light in exposure triangle...seems like it's much more in certain situations esp in dark environments.

The only time I get to use my flash now is during some gatherings or some events etc.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    Underestimated the power of the light....I tot -ev of flash = something like -1 stop of light in exposure triangle...seems like it's much more in certain situations esp in dark environments.

The only time I get to use my flash now is during some gatherings or some events etc.
    just shoot more and you will learn along the way.

flash photography is fun and engaging.

Quote Originally Posted by tecnica View Post
    just shoot more and you will learn along the way.

flash photography is fun and engaging.
    see how things go bah....currently not very into flash photography yet...still more of landscape & close ups. But recently starting to shoot more portraits related stuffs .
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Quote Originally Posted by alancwr View Post
    Am I right to say, to solve this problem, I set my flash into M mode, setting the flash exposure, therefore if the picture is under exposed or over exposed I just have to adjust my shutter speed or aperture accordingly??without changing the flash output

The shutter speed will only affect the ambient light. Adjusting shutter speed too low u will get blur pics. If u adjust aperture it will affect the DOF and the lighting on the subject.

If u really want to light up a subject + the ambinrt light, chances are u will be using a slow shutter speed and this requires a tripod to prevent blur pics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12