Thread: iOS 5 camera hidden panorama mode works

Default iOS 5 camera hidden panorama mode works

iOS 5 camera has a hidden panorama mode which can be turned on with a simple mod. I wasn't expecting it to work when i tried it but it does!

Pardon the poor panorama pix - you should be able to do better with steadier hands and smoother pan.

Last edited by zechraffie; 11th November 2011 at 06:56 PM.

Mind sharing how to mod it?
    KANTAimages
    "through the lens where every memories is crafted"

Default Re: iOS 5 camera hidden panorama mode works

Quote Originally Posted by Shahlan View Post
    Mind sharing how to mod it?
    Sure, there you go:

Enable iOS 5 Panorama Camera Mode On iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPad 2, iPod touch Without Jailbreak | Redmond Pie

nothing to do with steady hands. the software isn't good at stitching. possibly needs a firmware update

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309
    nothing to do with steady hands. the software isn't good at stitching. possibly needs a firmware update

Just wondering how you arrived at this conclusion? I assumed its from first hand experience?

Quote Originally Posted by zechraffie View Post
    Just wondering how you arrived at this conclusion? I assumed its from first hand experience?
    it's in the software. if the current camera software can't handle it for efficient stitching, it means it needs to be upgraded.

i'm no IT person... but it just seems that this is the issue

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

it's in the software. if the current camera software can't handle it for efficient stitching, it means it needs to be upgraded.

i'm no IT person... but it just seems that this is the issue
    That's exactly what I'm tryin to determine. Did you arrive at the conclusion that the software can't handle the stitching from first hand experience?

That's exactly what I'm tryin to determine. Did you arrive at the conclusion that the software can't handle the stitching from first hand experience?
    because my Xperia arc can do sweep panoramas, and also Samsung phones... and i suppose the iPhone4S as well. i've seen their stitching and it's much better than on the iPhone 4S.

I have iOS5 on a company iphone4. Tried the pano mode. It sucks. Apple has a long way to go (as they always do).
    Alpha

According to all the reports I have read, and there are many on the internet about this, this particular feature is hidden, because its not the finished product, meaning its still in testing. If you also search about there are many other reports of hidden features within iOS 5, which are not in the documentation, some involve doing a jailbreaks some dont, so its at your own risk.

5 Hidden Features in iOS 5
    More Here

Like the hidden autocorrection feature in iOS 5, appears to be very similar to what Android has already. More Here

Cheers ....
    40D|BG-E2N|24-105L F4.0 IS USM |70-200L F2.8 IS USM

Finally found time to try it out again.. The stitching doesn't seem that bad to me

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by zechraffie; 17th November 2011 at 08:14 PM.

Finally found time to try it out again.. The stitching doesn't seem that bad to me

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    if you take a closer look you'll see the distortion and incorrect stitching

If you are jailbroken, go to Cydia then search for FireBreak, install then enjoy.;-)