Thread: Need some advices.

Default Need some advices.

Hi all. Any kind bro or sis here can give me some advice on a TTL off camera shoe cord for Canon OC-E3.

Is there any performance or built quality difference between a original Canon OC-E3 compared with other 3rd party brands like JJC and Phottix etc?

Default Re: Need some advices.

Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    Hi all. Any kind bro or sis here can give me some advice on a TTL off camera shoe cord for Canon OC-E3.

Is there any performance or built quality difference between a original Canon OC-E3 compared with other 3rd party brands like JJC and Phottix etc?
    I have used both third party and original brand, and I found them to be the same. Anyway, the OC-E3 is not expensive so why not get the original one?
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

OC-E3 has the lever lock which makes it (slightly) easier to put on and take off the cord. It also has weather sealing. Other than 3rd party cord will perform just as well. I use 3rd party because it is cheaper and I use off-camera flash infrequently.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123

I have used both third party and original brand, and I found them to be the same. Anyway, the OC-E3 is not expensive so why not get the original one?
    Ic. Thanks for the info bro. Any idea how much is the original selling and which shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Kermitfm
    OC-E3 has the lever lock which makes it (slightly) easier to put on and take off the cord. It also has weather sealing. Other than 3rd party cord will perform just as well. I use 3rd party because it is cheaper and I use off-camera flash infrequently.
    Thanks for your advise. If price difference not a lot I think I'll get the original. If price a lot of difference than I'll get the 3rd party will be good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    Ic. Thanks for the info bro. Any idea how much is the original selling and which shop?
    Got my quite some time ago... bought from MScolor. forget how much it cost. maybe you can call up different shops (check our price guide section for the contact number of reputable shops).
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots