Welcome to the ClubSNAP Photography Forums.
1st March 2004, 01:31 PM
1. Be Nice and Be Civilised - abusing, name-calling, personal attacks on members and/or generally trying to stir up trouble will not be tolerated. Be kind to newbies as they may not know the general flow of the forums. Repeatedly violation of this rule will result in banishment.
2. New Posters (newbies) - Use the Search Engine to find out if whatever information you are seeking has been posted before posting a question.
3. Off-Topic (OT) posts - Please direct all posts not related to Photography to the Kopitiam forum. OT posts will be deleted or moved without noticed if posted in any other forums.
- NOTE: Although Kopitiam is meant as a catch-all area for things not related to photography, posts/threads which are:
in nature or can be construed as such will be removed without notification.
4. Spam - We will not tolerate posting of the same message to two or more forums. Any such posts will be merged or deleted and repeated abuse will result in banishment.
5. Flaming / Personal Attacks - We will not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks or self-promoting messages. Please refer to Rule #1. Repeated abuse will result in banishment.
6. Trolls - We will not tolerate anyone antagonising other forum members by posting potentially inflammatory messages. See Rule #1. Repeated abuse will result in banishment. Do not participate in a thread merely to criticize or mock the equipment choice of other forum members in the thread. Examples include Nikon shooters posting in Canon topic areas, Canon shooters posting in Nikon topic areas and anyone posting in any topic area where the result can serve only to insult and inflame regular participants in that topic area.
7. Harassment - Harassment of other forum members via Private Message, postings, emails or other means will result in immediate banishment and if serious enough, may be reported to the relevant authorities for their further investigation.
8. Commercial Advertising - We do not allow commercial website linking or advertising and if you wish to advertise on the site, please contact us. This rules also covers webmasters of other websites seeking to promote themselves on this forum without benefit to this forum - Do not use the ClubSNAP forums to promote other forums or web sites in which you have a stake. We will remove messages that serve mostly or exclusively to drive forum members to external forums or web sites.
9. Signatures - Please keep signatures to no more than two/three short lines, Do not include signatures that serve primarily to promote a product or service, and do not include extended lists of the contents of your camera bag.
10. Software Piracy - Posting of serial numbers, cracks, warez links or anything related to the piracy of software will not be allowed and will be deleted immediately. Repeated abuse will result in banishment.
11. Information Accuracy - We do not endorse or guarantee the accuracy of any posting, regardless of whether the posting comes from a user, from a celebrity or "expert" guest, or from a member of our team. There is no substitute for healthy skepticism and your own good judgement. It is easy for people to pose as experts without having any expertise whatsoever.
12. Legal ownership - Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither ClubSNAP nor its owners or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on these forums.
Responsibility for what is posted in the chat rooms, forums, photo galleries and other public posting areas on the ClubSNAP lies with each member - you alone are responsible for any material that you post. You agree not to post or transmit any defamatory, abusive, obscene, threatening or illegal material, or any other material that infringes on the ability of others to enjoy the Site or that infringes on the rights of others. You agree to conform to site policies and guidelines concerning the size, length, format, subject, content, or relevancy of the materials you submit.
While we cannot monitor all the postings in the chat rooms, forums, photo galleries and other public areas, we reserve the right (but assume no obligation) to delete, move, or edit any postings that come to our attention that we consider unacceptable or inappropriate, of for any other other reasons, which we need not disclose, and which need not be reasonable. We will comply with the requirements of the law regarding disclosure of information transmitted via our site to others, including law enforcement agencies.
We retain the right to deny access to anyone who we believe has violated the term of this agreement, or to anyone else for any reasons, which we need not disclose, or for no reason.
You agree to indemnify and hold ClubSNAP, its officers, subsidiaries and affiliated companies harmless from any and all claims, demands or other liabilities, including legal fees and costs, that are made by any third party due to or arising from Your use of the Web Site or Your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
If you post material on ClubSNAP, you may prompt third-parties into making statements about you that may be defamatory or offensive, even though your postings may be unobjectionable. You agree not to respond in kind, but to bring these statements to the attention of the Moderators and Administrators. By posting on ClubSNAP you are agreeing to hold ClubSNAP, its officers, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies harmless and release Us from all claims, demands or other liabilities for any statements or material concerning you that are posted on the site by third parties, including by moderators and other volunteers, provided that we avail you with the opportunity to answer. If you are unable to respond because you have been banned from the site, upon request you will be reinstated for a sufficient length of time to respond.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY
We work hard to make ClubSNAP an interesting and enjoyable place, but we cannot guarantee that our users will always find everything to their liking. Please read this Disclaimer carefully before using the Site.
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. BECAUSE OF THE NUMBER OF POSSIBLE SOURCES OF INFORMATION AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, AND THE INHERENT HAZARDS AND UNCERTAINTIES OF ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION, THERE MAY BE DELAYS, OMISSIONS, INACCURACIES, OR OTHER PROBLEMS WITH SUCH INFORMATION. IF YOU RELY ON THE INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE OR ANY MATERIAL AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM ANY MATERIAL AND/OR DATA DOWNLOADED FROM OR OTHERWISE PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE.
THIS SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU *AS IS,* *WITH ALL FAULTS,* AND *AS AVAILABLE.* CLUBSNAP AND ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND LICENSORS CANNOT AND DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE. NOR DO THEY GUARANTEE THAT THE SITE WILL BE ERROR-FREE, OR CONTINUOUSLY AVAILABLE, OR THAT THE SITE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL CLUBSNAP, OR ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF USE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, EVEN IF WE ARE ADVISED BEFOREHAND OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. (BECAUSE SOME STATES/COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN CATEGORIES OF DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF CLUBSNAP, AND ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND LICENSORS IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH LAW).
Last edited by Darren; 28th January 2009 at 07:16 AM.
Reason: cleaning up
28th April 2004, 02:19 PM
Reminder on updated Terms. Please read.
25th January 2005, 10:56 AM
20th December 2005, 09:18 AM
Addendum to Terms of Service - Zero Tolerance Policy on Multiple Nicks/IDs
Addendum to Terms of Service - Multiple Nicks/IDs
With immediate effect, we are implementing a Zero Tolerance Policy over members who register multiple nicks/IDs in ClubSNAP's forums as we have reason to believe that in 99.99% of the cases, multiple nicks/IDs are registered with nefarious intent.
In the event that a member has been reported to us (or discovered by our team in course of carrying out our duties) to have multiple nicks/IDs, we will :-
a) do due diligence to determine that there is indeed an infringement;
b) if a) is conclusive, both nicks/IDs will be deregistered permanently.
Members then have two choices :-
1) Re-register a new nick/ID and continue to participate in the Forums; OR
2) Appeal to have ONE of the nicks/IDs re-instated - members must show cause on WHY we should re-instate AND agree to only maintain ONE nick/ID in ClubSNAP.
In the event that we agree to re-instate a nick/ID, we will MERGE both nicks/IDs into a single nick/ID (eg, MemberA and MemberX will be merged to MemberA; all past and future posts will then be attributed to the merged nick/ID, in this example, MemberA).
27th January 2007, 03:19 PM
Posting and Hotlinking of Copyrighted Material
With immediate effect, the Moderators and Admins will remove images that have been identified as not originally created and/or whose copyright does not belong to the poster.
If a member wishes to bring attention to an image for discussion or notice, he/she is recommended to post the link to the page containing the image in question, and not copy and paste the image link into the forum discussion.
Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.