Clubsnap was given a test set with 18-55III F3.5-5.6 OIS lens. Both camera and lens is of firmware 1.00. I was given the honor to do a user review on this new camera in the market, and very much obliged to do so as well. Personally had switched to the mirrorless camp almost 3 years ago from DSLR due to fair amount of traveling, and portability with excellent IQ were main reasons. For those who are not that familiar about mirrorless cameras can read up more on this article from dpreview.
The review will be based on my personal user experience. As much as possible, no PP, out of camera Jpegs will be used. If there's any post processing, it will be stated. I don't have a RAW developer at this moment. It will not be a technical review, as there are quite many being done which can be googled easily. Different genres of photography (landscape, portraits,street) will be covered as much as possible within the limits of kit lens.
Some key features of the NX20:
- DSLR-like, ergonomically designed
- 20.3MP CMOS APS-C sensor
- 3" 614K AMOLED
- Built in Wifi connectivity with apps to link to wireless hotspot/tethering to smart mobile phone directly to facebook, twitter, youtube...probably the first and a big highlight of this camera
- Integrated EVF 1.44M dots, 100% magnifcation
- iFn 2.0, quick access button on lens to selectable functions
- 8 frames per second
- 1/8000s, possibly the first for non-DSLR
Untitled by wonglpnn, on Flickr
Stay tuned. Full specs will be provided next.